The auxiliary! It’s here! Just like I assume you’ve been asking for! Today’s auxiliary recaps episode 11, the One Where Betty and Archie Are on a Break. I hope you all got that very good joke.
For those following along at home, we’re discussing The Archie Library 19: Archie’s Funhouse Comics Annual. Let’s go!
This third edition of the Riverdale Auxiliary takes place in spaaaaaaaaace. Welcome to the R-Chi Quadrant. What you will find: some of the out-of-this-world stories discussed in Episode 3: Space Cases. What you won’t find: Star Wars spoilers. Beam us right here, Jug! Engage!
In panel 5, it looks like Jughead’s nose is in Veronica’s ear. Okay. Anyway! Time for a space walk! Continue Reading
Download the full episode at Libsyn.
Lucy and Evan go where no Archie reviewers have gone before: space, the final frontier. That, and the Archie Comics app. Your two favourite Archie enthusiasts (?) test out how Archie looks on their phones by downloading Archie’s Space Cases, an anthology of the comic’s best and brightest space-related stories. Travel to the outer cosmos to
- subject yourself to intense cartoon propaganda about the international space station
- uncover the Lodge family’s many-tentacled reach into the space-industrial complex
- fat-shame robots
- wonder who went into space first: Yuri Gagarin or Archie Andrews?
- argue whether climate change really did kill all life on Mars
- and, as always, we provide you with Archie trivia, gags, and much more
This third episode of Radio Free Riverdale is beaming to you from our satellite light-years away. Set up your personal comlink and tune in. We’re about to take our protein pills and put our helmets on!
To see notes, panels, and images associated with our third episode, please visit the Riverdale Auxiliary.