Download the episode directly from Libsyn.
By sheer coincidence – or was it something more? – the epic first season of Riverdale drew to a close just as one of its acknowledged influences, Twin Peaks, returned to the airwaves (or fiber optic cables? WiFi?). So Lucy and Evan invite pop culture writer Andy Burns, author of the Twin Peaks book Wrapped in Plastic and Riverdale enthusiast onto the ‘cast. The three pound at the ice of Episode 13, “The Sweet Hereafter,” to get to the metaphorical drowning Blossoms within. Listen in to hear discussions on:
- when and if Riverdale will ever intersect with the Black Lodge
- the vagaries of the American foster care system
- Cheryl Blossom’s repeated use of the word “mommy”
- why Archie washes his hands before breakfast
- and, of course, who shot Fred Andrews?
All this and more in Episode 19 of Radio Free Riverdale. Pour yourself a milkshake and join us. And follow Andy Burns at @biffbampop.
To see notes, panels, and images associated with our latest episode, please visit the Riverdale Auxiliary.